Tuesday 23 June 2015

Chapter one (segment four), 2016, August, Christina

Insect! Who the hell do you think you are? Christina stretched to her full length and stared down at the tall graduate from Sweden. Stick to your girl you piece of shit! Then she turned her attention to Ulf again. “Ulf!” No! I gave him the black stare as well. Ulf I'm sorry!

Ulf winced visibly, but then he regained his composure. “You look stunning!” he said in a tone that reassured her that he understood what had just happened. “I'm honoured.”

It felt strange to be taller than he was, but it was impossible to move in the right way without her heels. She had come here to conquer after all.

In front of her Ulf stood staring back at her. Spellbound, he's spellbound. He can only see Christina Agerman. Ulf I want you to find me beautiful. Your Christina. “What do you think?” She had to say something.

Something shifted in his eyes. One moment he had been staring at Christina Agerman, Princess of Scandinavia. The next he looked just as intensively at her. “My Ina, you're my beautiful Ina!”

Ina? Oh! Christina, Ina. Yes I like that! “Do you really mean that?”

In response he took a single step and kissed her. He had to tilt his face up to do that. Then he took her face between his hands and looked into her eyes. “What are you doing with me? I can stay in this Japan forever with you Ina.” His eyes were the brownest of brown, soft and caring and she drank herself dizzy with his gaze.

That has to count as a declaration of love. “I'm just loving you.” It still felt strange being taller than him. My little U-kun! “U-kun, I love you! You fill my life.”

The look she got in return was filled with endless love, but also with endless sadness. He looked happy and forlorn, ecstatic and horrified, basking in her feelings and filled with self-loathing. He looked like he wanted to be in two places at once.

“Miss! Miss! Can we have a word with you?”

“I saw her first. I'm her agent!”

“She's signing with us. All contacts will have to go through our agency!”

Ah, the work I came here to do. I don't want to any more, but I have to. Ulf, U-kun, we need to talk.

Christina turned on her right toe, let her left foot follow in a tight circle and set it down toe and heel clicking against the street simultaneously. It sent a calculated shock wave through her body that she used to flick her neck into the terminal pose used on the catwalk just before it was time to turn around and go back.

Toes out, never inwards like Japanese girls did to look cute. She wasn't here to look cute. She had an empire to build.

The crowd was pushing forward to see better, and the formal fashion shot drew almost no interest any more. Christina doubted it was even commencing at all by now. The first half of her plan had gone through without a hitch. Now it was time for the second half, and that one depended on the people she saw elbowing their way to her through the crowd.

A man in his thirties approached her together with a woman in a business dress. Behind them one of the cameramen from the scene followed carrying photo equipment that had been designed for a static shot. This was the real deal.

“We would appreciate if you tell your agency that we disapprove of your disrespectful prank here today,” the woman said.

Too easy. They're making this too easy. “Agency? Aren't models using those?”

“Cut the bullshit. What is a professional model doing here during our shot?”

“Oh my! Why, thank you! But I'm not a model. I'm just a student at Himekaizen Academy.”

“I said cut the bullshit. I can see you've done this for two years or more.”

You piss-ant! Two years! I'll show you two years you rank amateur! Christina slid her left foot closer to her right heel and used the extra energy to let her dress billow out in a wave that followed her body all the way to her shoulders where it snapped out of existence. Just when it did she jingled her handbag to make it look like her dress had sent it swinging.

“Thank you for saying that!” That single move had taken her the better part of seven years to master. A dress hugging her body like this did didn't lend itself to any billowing to begin with. What she had done was effectively impossible. Maybe with the exception for a dozen or so women on the planet. Oops. Forgot that I'm one of them. Christina grinned inwardly. “You're too kind!”

The business woman really was a rank amateur. Christina's act was lost on her, but further back the cameraman stood mouth agape and studied the integrated monitor on his camera.

Christina cooed. “But I'm only sixteen. I couldn't possibly have worked as a model for over two years.” And with a twist of her hand she flicked her pose into 'The Princess of Scandinavia'. A simpler pose, but one that had been her trademark and had helped her stay in the absolute top worldwide for ten years.

“How could a mere high school student interest you this way?” The contract was a done deal. They had swallowed it all, Hook, Line and Sinker.

Difference being that she'd deliver far beyond their wildest imagination. Japan held nothing even remotely worth being considered competition when it came to raw competence, but popularity was a fickle goddess.


Christina had yet another face. One that came after her modelling career, and she flashed it to the business woman, shooting producer and cameraman alike. The billion dollar empress. “It would seem I have caught your interest. Now, what would you do to catch mine?”

No comments:

Post a Comment